How do you make sparkling water without a car?
Here are Four simple ways to produce sparkling water without a machine;
- Methods of making soda and vinegar
- Use of dry ice
- Construction of a do-it-yourself carbonate machine
- Soldering traps
1- Baking processes with bicarbonate of baking soda and vinegar
What you need;.
- 2 Plastic soda bottles with cap
- Tube: as used in aquariums.
- Drill with a point slightly smaller than the tube
- Pipe cutter
- Baking powder
- Toilet paper
- A funnel
How to prepare soda water with baking powder
- First you have to drill a hole in each of the bottle caps.
- Secondly, the standard requires both ends of the tubes to be cut at an angle, the standard facilitates the insertion of the tubes into the caps.
- Now insert the tubes into the holes you drilled in the two caps.
- Then fills one of the bottles with soda vinegar and the other with water.
- Then wrap the soda in a double sheet of toilet paper.
- Then pour sodium carbonate wrapped in toilet paper into avinegar bottle.
- Then place the corks on the tubes and screw them back onto the bottles.
- Finally, shake the vinegar bottle and the gas mixture, install and maintain.
Operation of this method
The basic idea is that when you mix vinegar and soda, you produce CO2, which is then put into the bottle with water, keeping it carbonated.
Acid + base=CO2, water and salt
Acid (vinegar) plus base (baking powder) = CO2, water and salt (the produced salt and water remain in the bottle with the vinegar and the baking powder mixture.
Important instructions for the production of baking powder
- Despite the fact that this project is similar to the children’s science project , you are still dealing with dangerous gases, so be careful.
- Try this method only in a spacious room or outside, not inside; CO2 accumulation can affect your breathing.
- Only use soft drink bottles because they can withstand pressure, Never use glass bottles that can break under pressure.
- The soda water produced by this method need not be pure as the sediment in the vinegar and yeast mixture may migrate to the water.
You can read more about this article here.
How do you make sparkling water without a soda machine?
2- Use of dry ice
One of the simplest methods of producing carbonated water is the addition of dry ice.
The same dry ice used during Halloween to achieve this smoothing effect
My wife and I usually add dry ice to my son’s Kool-Aid carbonate parties.
How it works
Dry ice is mainly a frozen CO2 gas that dissolves water and carbonises when added to water.
Dry ice is a food grade material specified in that is actually used in the manufacture of ice cream and is also used to preserve food by acting as a refrigerant.
Recipe for dry ice
- Add one pound of dry ice to one litre of water and mix.
- Then wait until the mixture has completely evaporated, i.e. the smoke or fog has stopped before drinking it.
Before adding dry ice to the water, you can add sugar and your favorite flavor or Kul-Aid.
You can also use the same recipe to add dry ice to any drink.
Important information about dry ice
- Never touch dry ice with bare hands, Dry ice can cause freezer burn, use pliers or a large spoon instead.
- After adding dry ice to the drink, do not close or block the packaging.
- This leads to pressure build-up and can lead to explosive foam and even to injuries.
- What my wife and I do is make a big batch of Kool-Aid in a big punch and then add dry ice.
- and only when the dry ice dissolves will we cover it.
- Always make sure that all dry ice is dissolved and that no remains in the coolant before use.
- Dry ice is not suitable for solid matter use It does not look like ordinary ice because it can cause severe burns in the freezer.
- Now, to say that when all the dry ice has dissolved, there should be no more smoke or fog,
- As soon as I see the fog lifting, I’ll wake him up just to be sure.
- Do not use dry ice in enclosed spaces , but only in spacious or well ventilated areas.
- Indeed, the accumulation of CO2 from dry ice can cause serious respiratory problems.
Who should use dry ice
dry ice is ideal for carbonizing many drinks at events such as birthdays and Halloween parties.
This is not a good way to carbonate water every day, because dry ice is very difficult to store and you would lose kilos of it every day before evaporation.
Where can dry ice be obtained?
I usually buy my dry ice at Walmart, but I believe it is also available from Costco and other retailers.
At Walmart I usually pay $3.00 per pound of dry ice , but the price depends on the location.
If none of the major retailers are in stock, you can follow this link and call your area code to find your nearest dry ice retailer.
All credits for this method belong to the man in the video below.
3-DIY to make your own carbonator
This method involves building our own carbonate factory.
That’s what you need.
- CO2 tank A CO2 tank for paintball works well.
- The pipeline is a gas pipeline that connects the CO2 tank to a soda bottle and allows the CO2 to flow.
- One bottle of soda ashThe bottle shall contain carbonated water
- Gas regulator to regulate the pressure and the amount of CO2 that goes from the CO2 tank to the soda bottle.
- Carbonator cover used to connect the gas line to the cylinder.
How do I set?
I found a very good video that shows you step by step how to build a do-it-yourself carbon set.
Important notes on the do-it-yourself carbonation kit
- Be especially careful when setting up a do-it-yourself carbonation set.
- Only in well-ventilated rooms, never in enclosed spaces.
- High concentrations of CO2 can cause serious respiratory problems.
- Only use soft drink bottles that can withstand high pressure.
- This attitude requires time, tools and a certain amount of knowledge or at least do-it-yourself.
- We use paintball tanks that are not designed for the kitchen.
- The cost of self-assembly of paintball tanks is quite high and other parts can be expensive.
- You have to find a place to fill the CO2 tanks, for example a paintball field or a good sports shop.
This is my fourth and last method you can use, they are very easy to handle carbonators, so much so that I wouldn’t even consider them as machines.
They work with CO2 cartridges instead of CO2 tanks.
If you are interested in more information about soda traps, you can read my article about producing carbonated water without CO2 tanks.
how to make soda water from scratch,can you make soda water with sodastream
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.