8 Best soft drink alternatives:
- DrinkMate –The best option if you want to stay with the SodaStream model without the SodaStream brand.
- Good O – Ideal if you do not want to use CO2 tanks.
- Aarke – Best producer of sparkling water.
- Food processor for cooking carbonated water – Ideal for cooking large quantities of carbonated water
- Isi needle traps – The most portable and easy to store.
- Soda flakes
- DIY Methods – this means you have to make your own carboniser. (At some point you will save a lot of money on CO2 gas).
- Use of household ingredients – For the preparation of carbonated water, for example, by dry ice. (This is a great way to produce a lot of sparkling water).
In this article I want to go into more detail about these devices and I hope they will help you choose the right device for you.
1- Drinking mat
The Drinkmate is manufactured by I-Drink Products Inc. of Michigan and the is currently the world’s second largest manufacturer of carbonated instruments.
TheDrinkmate is the best alternative to the I recommend for any SodaStream device.
The basic design of the Drinkmate is very similar to that of the SodaStream, the is so similar that the same SodaStream CO2 cans work with the DrinkMate.
The big difference with Drinkmate is that you can use it to carbonate any drink, for example B.juices or wines, as opposed to soda-based products where you can only carbonate water.
Imagine making a sparkling white wine or sparkling orange juice.
How to set up and use the DrinkMate
You can see DrinkMate in action in the video section below.
DrinkMate is supplied;
- Carbonated plastic bottle holding carbonated water,
- adapter, also known as Fizz infusion,
- Machine and
- You need the CO2 bottle– the same as for the SodaStream machines.
- Now, the first thing you need to do is screw the CO2 tank into the back of the Drinkmate.
- Secondly, fills a plastic carbonate bottle with a drink of your choice.
- Then a screw to the adapter of a plastic bottle.
- The following attaches the bottle adapter to the Drinkmate.
- Then press repeatedly on the carbon button on top of the DrinkMate until you hear a buzzing sound.
- Then remove the bottle and adapter from the DrinkMate.
- Turn the silver part of the adapter upwards to slowly release the CO2 , do this for about 45 seconds.
- Then releases the blue part , which is 45 seconds below the silver part.
- If the pressure seems stable, unscrew the adapter, pour the drink into the glass and enjoy.
DrinkMate versus SodaStream
The main difference between DrinkMate and SodaStream is that it can carbonate any drink. Indeed, the comes with an adapter, also known as fizzinfusion.
It’s the adapter that makes the DrinkMate so great.
You see, if you try to gas something other than water (like orange juice), the CO2 gas in the soda stream will not dissolve so easily.
Instead, most of the CO2 gas remains in the cylinder, and when you open this cylinder, all the pressure is released by the foam explosion.
The adapter now has a connection that allows the excess CO2 gas to be discharged slowly and safely to prevent overfilling and foaming problems.
- Count on CO2 tanks or canistersIf you are trying to avoid having to replace CO2 tanks, Drinkmate is not for you, so read on for other alternatives.
- Abit costs more than the SodaStream Drinkmate business model, which is generally more expensive than the older, very cheap SodaStream model.
- Although the Drinkmate has the same price as the more modern SodaStream.
- And the fact that you can fill up every drink, I think, more than makes up for a few bucks.
- Usually more CO2 is used, so you will have to replace the CO2 tanks more often.
- It is because the DrinkMate needs more CO2 gas to carbonate the other drinks.
- Can safely carbonate any drink without losing its warranty, unlike most of its competitors.
- The DrinkMate does not have an overflow , which can lead to foaming.
- This is the design and the adapter.
- Many of them use CO2 cylinders and tanks, which in many places can easily be replaced at a reasonable price, because they use the same cylinders as SodaStream.
- So, if you are used to trading SodaStream in a certain location, you can continue to use it.
- Made in America, is therefore strictly regulated to ensure safety and quality.
Who should buy the Drinking Mat?
- If you want to carbonate a class drink safely, this is the perfect drink for you,
- Juices such as apple, pineapple and orange juice can be carbonized.
- And even the champagne Continue the list.
- If you and your family had the SodaStream and the CO2 ready-to-use system, that’s fine and you just want to improve it,
- The Drinkmate is great, because with the you can keep using your SodaStream tanks and replace them in the same places over and over again.
- Great gift for those who want or already own SodaStream , it is the perfect upgrade for them.
Where can I get a Drinking Mat?
Amazons generally have good offers for these devices. Click here to see the current price of Drinkmate.
Make sure you buy matching CO2 tanks. My advice to buy a double set of tanks is usually cheaper, you can click on the current price at Amazon to see it.
Alternatives to SodaStreamCO2 tanks
At the moment the only alternative CO2 tanks or canisters I could find are made by Drinkmate and are available in 14.5 ounces, each capable of carbonising 60 litres of liquid.
DrinkMate CO2 tanks are also FDA certified for food quality, click here to see the price per pair on Amazon.
These tanks can be used with most SodaStream devices.
Although I’m not sure if SodaStream or any of its partners will trade them for you.
I advise you to stick to the carbon dioxide tanks.
2- Carbonated and mixed beverages Good O Unit
The Bonne O unit is the most unique carbonation device presented in this article.
Different from not using CO2 reservoirs for water carbonate.
Instead uses the carbonate pills, which I’ll explain in more detail in a moment, so read on.
With Bonne O, you have no more than trouble replacing and storing bulkytanks.
Bonne O is designed and produced by a Canadian company, so I am convinced that the product meets the highest safety standards.
The name Bonne Oau comes from the French and means good water.
How it works Good O
The good O carbonate water with carbonate tablets.
The tablets are made from a mixture of citric acid, potassium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate (baking powder) and potassium carbonate, all of which are food ingredients.
Now that the tablet has been placed in Bonne O, it produces CO2 gas, which is then transferred to the water, charring it.
I must point out that the carbonation tablets are not added directly to water , but are placed in a separate compartment, and then only the resulting CO2 gas is transferred to the water.
No chemicals are added to the water.
1 soda water tablet produces a 1 litre bottle of soda water.
In the short video below you can see Good O in action.
Disadvantages of the good O
- The initial price of Bonne O is much higher than the budget of Drinkmate or SodaStream.
- You’ll need to order CO2 pills when you’re done, although they’re much cheaper than CO2 tanks.
- The carbonation process ofis much slower than , because SodaStream takes 4-5 minutes to complete the carbonation.
- Unlike most SodaStream or Drinkmate units, this unit uses electricity of class .
Good Plus O
- You can safely carbonate any drink, from ice cream to juices, You are only limited by your imagination.
- U does not have to deal with large CO2 tanks that are difficult to store and sometimes hard to find.
- The shipping costs of carbonation tablets are generally cheaper than those ofCO2 tanks.
- Your does not have to mean that the drink is completely carbonated, one tablet per bottle, no reason to guess.
Who should obtain OBonn?
- If you are tired of handling -CO2 tanks, CO2 tanks or large canisters
- Anyone who does not live near a place where you can replace CO2 tanks
- my sister is a perfect example of how she has to drive 30 minutes to change her empty soda tanks.
- If you are looking for a carbonator that can carbonate any drink
Where to get the right O
Bonn Oh is currently available on Amazon, you can check the current price by clicking on it.
Also don’t forget to buy a lot of carbonation pills, click on the 10-package at Amazon.
3- Soda water producers
The Aarke Spark water producer has an elegant design, entirely made of stainless steel, which gives it an unmistakable aesthetic appearance.
Aarke, like SodaStream, is only used for soda water, so if you use it for soda water for another drink, the two-year warranty that applies to that drink will be void.
How thelabel works
Aarke works like SodaStream, they even use the same CO2 tanks.
You can click to watch a short video to see Aarke in action.
What is the difference between Aarke and SodaStream?
The main difference, I would say, is that A Marke is sold as a premium sparkling water producer with a much higher price and a more modern look.
This is in contrast to soda ash, which is mainly made of plastic and focuses on utility rather than appearance.
Because it is made of stainless steel, this should give the edges of Aarke a much stronger and longer life.
Contraindications for Aarke:
Because Aarke SodaStream is very similar, it has all the disadvantages of, for example, using SodaStream ;
- It is annoying to always have to replace the CO2 tanks.
- is also unable to carbonate anything other than simple water.
- Plus Aarke has a much higher initial cost than SodaStream,.
- This is a bonus for the fact that they are made entirely of stainless steel.
Who should receive an Aarke?
Aarke will work perfectly as a gift, with its aesthetic aspect, it is certainly impressive.
It’s the perfect Christmas or birthday present for a good friend or colleague, or maybe the perfect wedding present.
And if you can spend a few extra dollars, I think Aarke will be fine if you already have a well-designed kitchen.
Where can I get an Aarke?
You can buy Aarke on Amazon by clicking on the current price.
Don’t forget to click on your tanks to see the double CO2 tanks that will work with Aarke.
4 – Manufacturers of soft drinksFor the kitchen
KitchenAid Spark Beverage Maker is a manufacturer of high quality sparkling water.
It is produced by KitchenAid, one of the largest and oldest appliance manufacturers in the world.
The soft drink manufacturer KitchenAid is also produced directly here in America.
How does kitchen maintenance work?
The soft drink manufacturer KitchenAid is very similar to SodaStream and uses a CO2 tank or canister (the same as SodaStream) to carbonate the water.
Kitchenade uses the same system as you;
- screw the CO2 canister into the back of the instrument and
- Attach the supplied plastic bottle filled with water, preferably cold water.
- Then press the lever so that the carbonate
- Open the bottle and help yourself to a glass of sparkling water.
Like SodaStream, it is limited to the production of effervescent water.
Difference between kitchen aid and SodaStream
The soft drink producer KitchenAid is designed with a strength and tonnage of .
It is almost entirely made of solid metal and weighs almost 19 pounds, while the SodaStream Jet weighs about 4 pounds.
KitchenAid was in my opinion , and seems almost to have been made for commercial use.
Contraindications for kitchen aid:
- We need to get CO2 supplements.
- Help in the kitchen is limited to sparkling water.
- It is more expensive than most other SodaStream machine manufacturers.
- It tends to consume more CO2 than a normal soda stream, I think it is because it probably adds extra carbon dioxide to the water.
- It takes up more space than the SodaStream kitchen table.
Who should buy a soft drink manufacturer?
I think KitchenAid, with its added value and robust design, seems better suited for this purpose;
- Large family producing large volumes of carbonated water and household soda
- A small restaurant or bar that uses much more sparkling water than a normal house.
Where to buy a sparkling water dispenser?
You can find KitchenAid on Amazon by clicking on the current price.
Two take-away CO2 tanks from KitchenAid click for price on Amazon
Soda traps are small carbonate shells consisting of
- A Kontainer holding carbonated water may vary in size from metal to plastic.
- and Cup with CO2 cartridges for carbonation of water.
Soda traps differ from conventional carbon bottles;
- You are using CO2 stored in very small cartridges, also called surcharges.
- Traps are generally smaller and much larger than conventional handheld devices.
Contraindications for soda ash:
- The price of CO2 cartridges can add over time, so be careful.
- CO2 tanksare generally cheaper in the long run, once you are ready to replace the tanks.
- Soda traps take much longer to carbonate, You even have to shake the bottle to give the water extra carbonate.
- Soda traps do not give rise to high carbonation ofn such as SodaStream.
- It is not possible to check the amount of CO2 added with a soda trap.
- Most soft drink traps are limited to producingr of sparkling water, and you probably should not carbonate another drink because you cannot control the amount of CO2 that is released.
Advantages of the Soda Stair:
- No CO2 tank is needed, works with CO2 cartridges, also called cargo, which is easier and cheaper to ship.
- soda traps are generally smaller than , making them easy to move, ideal for outdoor and site events, and they also take up much less space than the unit.
Who should receive soda siphon
1- I think a soda trap is more practical for a small family or individual who probably won’t use too much soda water.
Why, because the individual costs of the cartridges are generally higher than, for example, replacing the tanks with CO2.
If you or your family tends to use a lot of sparkling water, the cost of these cartridges will increase.
On the other hand, if you are one of those people who occasionally drink a glass of sparkling water, then a soda festival may be the best option for you.
2- Anyone who hates trading CO2 tanks or buses, often or simply can’t find a place near the exchange.
CO2 patterns are generally easier to find, or at least a ship, but don’t forget that this comes with a higher price.
3- If you want to make soda water on the road or in the office Soda traps are much more portable than carbonate machines.
4 Soda traps are also ideal for garden and outdoor events.
There are two soda traps, I recommend the ice soda valley and the glitter soda valley.
5- Isisoda siphon
I have used the Isi soda siphon several times through my parents, who have had it for almost 7 years, and they still don’t complain about it.
The Isi soda siphon is a typical soda siphon you will probably see in a bar where they make sparkling cocktails.
The Isi Soda Trap is one of the most widely used soda filters in the, which gives it a big advantage over other soda filters because it makes it easier to find CO2 cartridges when you need them.
In addition, the Isi soda trap is made of stainless steel, which gives great durability.
How the Iced Soda Trap works
It works by means of CO2 cartridges which, when screwed to the head of the siphon, release CO2 into the water and then spray the now carbonated water by pressing a small lever on the side of the head.
How to use the Isi Needle Trap
Your Isi soda siphon comes with a head, a stainless steel bottle and two tubes, and you will also need CO2 cartridges.
You can click to watch a short video in which you can see the Isi-Soda-Siphon in action.
Tips for the use of the IsiSodium trap
- Leave the soda in the fridge, preferably in the freezer,
- The colder the bottle, the colder the water.
- Now that the environment in the bottle is colder, the speed of dissolving CO2 in the water and the extra carbonation of the water increases.
- The strong shaking that follows the rotation of the CO2 cartridge also increases the speed at which the CO2 dissolves in the water.
- Allow the water to settle for 10 to 15 minutes after shaking.
Where can I get the IsiSoda Trap?
My parents bought their Isi siphon at Amazon, they usually have offers; click on it to see the current price of the Isi.
Don’t forget the CO2 cartridges, click here to see the price of Amazon for a pack of 10 cartridges.
6- Soda chandelier
Soda Sparkle is a new design of a typical soda siphon. I’ve never used it before, but the sleek new design prompted me to include it in this article.
How does the soda shine?
The soda shine, like the Isi Soda Trap, works with CO2 patterns.
The CO2 cartridges are placed in a head that looks like a large cap, which is then screwed onto a plastic bottle (unlike the Isi, which is made of stainless steel), and the CO2 is then released into the water.
How do I use soda flakes?
Soda Sparkle has undergone minor design changes compared to a conventional soda filter. It comes with a head or cap consisting of two parts, a plastic bottle and of course a CO2 cartridge.
You can click to see Soda Glitter in action in this very short video.
What is the difference between the Isi Soda Trap and theSoda Flakes .
- Soda Sparkle’s basic design is slightly simpler, with a simpler screw system above the Isi siphon.
- Isi has the great advantage that it is made of stainless steel, which makes it much more resistant than Shine.
- I have also read that Sparkle is not dishwasher safe because it reduces the strength of the plastic bottle.
- The heat from the dishwasher can cause the plastic bottle to break when it is time for carbonation.
- The chandelier is more affordable than the Isi, which costs about half the price because it is made of plastic, while the Isi is made of stainless steel.
- What I prefer and the reason why I prefer the Isi Soda Siphon over the Soda Shine is that Isi has a lever and a sprinkler system for spraying sparkling water.
- I think the spray system is very neat, especially at parties and events where you can pour a glass of sparkling water in a cool way to feel like a bartender.
- On the other hand, Soda Sparkle is more portable than Isi, because if you screw off the head and remove the cap, it can work like a bottle of sparkling water you can take with you.
Where can I getSparkle Soda?
You can find the LED lights at Amazon by clicking on the current price.
CO2 cartridges suitable for Soda Spark, click here to see Amazon’s current price.
7 and 8 – Domestic alternatives SodaStream
I must warn you that these two alternatives are not regulated by the federal government, so they take their inherent risks and proceed with caution.
I have two important options for you;
- Dry ice method: Here dry ice is added to the carbonated water.
- Carbonation kit for do-it-yourselfers: So you have your own carbonation device.
Both methods are excellent alternatives in their own way.
The do-it-yourself method is very economical in the long run and dry ice is ideal for the carbonation of large quantities of water.
You can read more about these two methods in my article How to carbonize water without a machine.
Why do you need an alternative to SodaStream?
In my opinion, soda ash producers are fairly good products, generally meeting their expectations,
But there are very good reasons why you need another option.
Reasons why you need an alternative;
This means how far away you live from a place where you can exchange SodaStream CO2 for an empty SodaStream tank.
SodaStream works with a CO2 tank that contains the CO2 used to carbonate the water. Now that the CO2 is ready, we have to replace the CO2 tank.
The federal government now has strict rules for the supply of pressure tanks, which means you have to go on site to replace tanks like those at Walmart, Costco or Bed Bath and beyond.
My sister still complains that she has to drive an hour to exchange her empty SodaStream CO2 cans because her WalMart neighbor doesn’t make the exchange.
There are now alternatives that can free you from the hectic pace of having to change tanks all the time or the need to avoid changing tanks.
The O-Cup, soda traps and dry ice and, to a certain extent, the DIY carbonation kit are good alternatives that can help.
The high cost of soda ash is generally not the initial cost of purchase but the cost of replacing the tanks on a permanent basis.
If long-term costs are an important factor in the search for an alternative to soda ash, the do-it-yourself carbonation kit is the best choice to reduce costs in the long term.
SodaStream currently limits its equipment to just sparkling water.
You may gas other liquids, but you do so at your own risk and you will lose your device warranty.
Now, if you want to have the possibility to carbonate each drink, the following alternatives are available: Drinkmate, Good O, dry ice method and the do-it-yourself method are good options that can carbonate any drink.
Sodium carbonateSyrups and flavour substitutes
You can click on my article and read about 9 great alternatives to SodaStream syrups.
drinkmate,sodastream alternative syrup
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.