When and why SodaStream bottles run out.
SodaStream bottles should last at least three years if properly maintained.
Each bottle now has an expiry date, , which must be checked.
Why the SodaStream bottle is running out
The reason why cylinders are supplied with an expiry date is that the cylinder has been tested for safe use before this date.
The main reasons why SodaStream bottles need to be weakened and replaced are
- Wear and tear caused by permanent charring
- as well as ultraviolet light and heat from the sun can also weaken the plastic that the bottle is made of.
SodaStream bottles can be under constant physical stress because they have to contain CO2 gas at a much higher pressure.
This pressure can cause the cylinders to wear and eventually make them unsafe for use. That’s why each bottle is tested for a certain lifespan.
Most pressurised gas containers generally need to be inspected over time to ensure their structural integrity and thus their safe use.
Because SodaStream bottles are relatively cheap, they do not need to be tested and have to be thrown away at the end of their life.
Which bottles of SodaStream are made of
SodaStream bottles are made of high strength PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic, the same plastic from which soda bottles are made, except that they are much stronger, stiffer and less flexible than traditional soda bottles.
PET is ideal for the storage of soft drinks because it can withstand the constant stress of soft drinks, even if they start to degrade over time.
SodaStream bottles do not contain BPA, which means they do not contain bisphenol A, an additive that is usually added to some plastics.
According to recent research, BPA has been shown to have potentially very harmful side effects. Quotes.
PETS, like most plastics, is easily damaged by heat and ultraviolet light, which can shorten the life of SodaStream bottles.
Tips for making SodaStream bottles longer thanbottles
- Always keep SodaStream bottles out of direct sunlight and in a dark place.
- Ultraviolet light damages plastics over time
- Never try to wash your SodaStream bottles in the dishwasher.
- the heat from the dishwasher deforms the plastic…
- Moreover, bottles should never be washed in hot water.
- I have a complete article on how to properly clean your SodaStream machine and the bottle you can click to read how to
- Avoid washing SodaStream bottles with raw materials such as a sponge.
- It can scratch your bottle and cause an accumulation of bacteria and a bad smell.
- Instead, use a special bottle cleaning machine that will not damage your bottle. You can click to see the price of what I use at Amazon.
- Besides, he’s really available.
Where can you buy SodaStreambottles?
When your bottle of SodaStream has expired, I’m going to ask for a new one.
You can click to see the price of a set of two original bottles of SodaStream at Amazon.
Other SodaStreamBottle types
There is another type of SodaStream bottle, this one is made of glass and is called a glass decanter.
These glass bottles can only be used with two models of SodaStream: SodaStream Crystal and SodaStream Penguin.
Glass bottles are dishwasher safe and can be stored indefinitely until cracked or scratched.
Now, if you are interested in a SodaStream glass bottle, you can learn more about the SodaStream Crystal by reading my review of this one to see if it’s good for you.
using expired sodastream bottles,kitchenaid sodastream bottles
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.